I finally made something for myself!
Now I can *finally* check something off of my list of Things To Do in 2011! Yay!
I didn’t follow a pattern – I just did sets of 3 FPDC, then 3 BPDCs until my rectangle was big enough, then slip stitched up the sides & added a few little wooden buttons.
Hooray, doing a little something for myself!
In other news, here’s an update of my Things of Stuffness:
– avoid elevators (erm, I did well with this one until, you know, I re-injured my back on the elliptical a few months ago and had to stop with the physical activity. *sigh* Spines that are all twisty in inappropriate places are a bummer).
cquire more responsibility I’m crossing this one off the list; so far this year I’ve upped my private client intake, picked up a case with THIS AWESOME ABA COMPANY (hi, Saundra!), and started writing blog posts for said company.
– learn to knit (I’ve still got time, really I do!)
– Make at least 3 projects for myself (Yay! One down, two to go!)
– Do at least 3 things I’m currently afraid to do. (My “things I’m afraid to do” turn out to be a bit too personal for the interwebs, so you’ll just have to trust me when I tell you I’ve done two so far, they were both really scary, I cried both times, and I would do them sooner rather than later next time). I’ve already decided on what my third thing will be, but don’t rush me – I’ve got until the end of the year, and I feel I’m making excellent progress! =)
– Go on a vacation with just Husband and myself. (I’ve shelved this one until next year; as it turns out my entire family decided to rent a house at the Outer Banks in June, and I just really couldn’t pass up a chance to spend a week with my sweet little nephews, my Chibi, and the gang. Going to the oceanbeach depleted our vacation fund for the year, but I think it was a great trade-off).
Now then. How are your anti-resolutions going?