An unexpected death in the family had me road-tripping to Pittsburgh late last week (which is why you had no FPF…my apologies), and I only arrived back in DC a few minutes ago. Since I forgot my camera (as usual), you’ll have to take my word that the following things actually happened:
1. I met my new nephew, who, in case you were wondering, is UTTERLY awesome.
2. I said good-bye to an old friend by doing a shot of tequila with my moM, daD, brotheR, sister-in-laW, and Chibi. (Yeah, that’s right. My family ROCKS the grieving process).
3. I discovered something that should NEVER be repurposed — an empty weed killer bucket — and taught my 2.5 year old nephew a new phrase. (“DO NOT REUSE THIS CONTAINER,” which, if you’re two and a half, sounds a lot like, “DOOO ROOoOSE TAINER.”)
4. I hugged some people I haven’t hugged in a long time, told them I missed them, and admired their brandy new almost finished house (and watched their little son lock himself in his closet about sixty thousand times).
5. I shot some coke cans all up, in the name of target practice, with my daD.
6. I renewed my love/hate relationship with the PA Turnpike.
Here’s to Harvey, who once spent an hour trying to convince me I ought to be a professional beer taster – may the next phase of his journey be everything he hoped for and more.