I haven’t gotten much hookery accomplished this week; I’ve been distracted.
I did, however, think it fitting to hook a new little bookmark in honor of my newly purchased book (Ohhh, it smells so yummy… I love the smell of books).
Anyway, here’s the tiny flower applique, which if you ch70 and add another flower to the other end, becomes a delightful little bookmark:
Here’s how to make it:
1. Get yourself a bead, a bit of thin thread or yarn, and a “B” hook (2.25mm).
2. BEFORE YOU START CROCHETING, string the bead(s) on your yarn. If you’re making a bookmark, string two beads.
3. ch3, push a bead up as close to your ch as you can get it, ch 3 more, and sl st to form a ring.
You should now have a chain of…erm…chains around your bead.
4. ch3, 3dc, sl st. (One Petal).
5. Work four or five more petals around the ring. If you’re only making an applique, STOP HERE & FO!
6. To make a bookmark, ch70, then repeat steps 3-5 & FO.
I’d love to stay and chat, but I’ve got a hot date with Kvothe this evening.