To celebrate the Steelers Superbowl Adventures (and since our last game day was the day before the Superbowl), my friend Suzanne made each member of our Girls Only D&D club some fantastic crochet beads!
I, nerdy nerd that I am, immediately asked for the pattern, which Suzanne graciously shared. It goes a little something like this:
PUFF STITCH BEADED NECKLACE (courtesy of Suzanne!)
2. loosen the last ch to 1/2 inch long
3. (YO & pull another loose loop through the last ch. stitch) x5
4. YO & pull through all the loops
5. ch 2
6. repeat steps 2-5 until your beads of wonder are long enough to make a necklace, then sl st the ends together & FO.
7. Yeah, you know what’s coming… VOILA!!!!
Also, if you have intentions of running a marathon for Mardi Gras (though, seriously, if no one’s chasing you I wouldn’t recommend it), apparently these soft, squishy beads are a much better idea than, say, seventy thousand strings of hard plastic beads. Hard beads + running = Mega Ouch.
Happy Hooking, Everyone!