A helpful tutorial for your hooking pleasure, which, if you were to want to make tomorrow’s Free Pattern Friday, you might want to pay attention to…dun da da DUUUUUUUN:
The Half Granny Square
1. Start by chaining 6 & joining with a sl st to make a ring.
2. ch3, 3dc, ch3, 4dc (YES, I said 4!)
3. ch3, 3dc in the space between the first 2 st of the previous row, (3dc, ch3, 3dc) in next sp, 4(YES, 4!)dc in the space between the last 2 st of the previous row.
4. forget to take a picture of step three.
5. do the whole thing over again — 4 dc in the spaces between the first & last stitches, 3dc in all the other spaces, & treat the top as your corner (3dc, ch3, 3dc).
6. repeat the pattern over and over and over and over and over and…
7…over and over and over and… well, you get the idea. If you make this big enough it will turn into a pretty sweet looking shawl. Mine is almost big enough for the Travelocity gnome (oh yeah, he wears shawls! Airplanes get cold!) Just sayin’.